THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
JOB OPPORTUNITY ADVERTISEMENT
International Business Development Assistant
Position Title: IBD Assistant
Eligibility: Brazilian Citizens residing in Brazil, Canadian Citizens residing in and legally able to work in Brazil, and Locally-Engaged Staff members of the Government of Canada offices in Brazil. NOTE: no payment will be made for any expenses incurred by the applicant related to the recruitment process or for relocation resulting from the acceptance of this position.
Annual Starting Salary: R$ 57.848,00
Monthly Starting Salary: R$4.820,67 plus benefits (Health and Dental Plan / Meal and Transportation Allowances)
Submission Deadline: May 5, 2014 at 12:00pm
Reporting to two or more International Business Development Officers, provides administrative services; conducts independent
research associated with the position portfolio (oil & gas and ocean technologies); establishes and maintains a network of
contacts; assists IBD officers to prepare Canadian participation at signature trade exhibitions/shows/fairs; maintains all
electronic tools and uses them effectively in day-to-day work; provides support as required to the Trade Commissioner service.
Application must demonstrate, through the Cover Letter and the CV, that all criteria included in this section are met in order to
be included in this recruitment action.
Education: University degree in a discipline directly related to the sector of responsibility (for example, oil and gas, ocean technology, engineering, economics, commerce or international relations)
Language: Fluency in Portuguese and in one of Canada’s two official languages (English or French)
Experience: Minimum 6 months of experience working in an office environment and dealing with clients of either a private or public company (e.g. providing administrative support, managing contacts, assisting in planning and management of trade-related events, working with private sector clients, etc.)
Candidates who are contacted for this recruitment action should be prepared to demonstrate their knowledge of and
experience with the following items.
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Client Focus
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Interpersonal Relations and Respect
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of trade-related event and visit management and of administrative process (logistics, budget tracking, travel arrangements, etc.)
- Written communication skills (formal and business writing in Portuguese and either English or French)
- Oral communication skills in Portuguese and either English or French
- Research skills
- Advanced knowledge of office technology and computer skills (e.g. use of Microsoft Office software, mainly Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
Preferred standing may be given to candidates who clearly demonstrate that they meet the following criteria:
- Fluency in both of Canada’s official languages (French and English)
- Experience working in the oil and gas sector and related sub-sectors (e.g. on-shore/off-shore, exploration and production, etc.)
- Consulate General Hours of Operation: Monday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; Friday, 8:00 am to 1:30 pm
- The candidate is required to work directly with the public
- The candidate may be required to travel and to work overtime, at night or on weekends
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to a Reliability Status Check (RS) obtained by
- To conduct the Reliability Status Check (RS), the candidate must submit the following documents on being selected by the Mission.
1. Police clearance certificate;
2. letter of recognition from your bank stating your name, years of client service and your address.
3. professional and educational mark sheets and certificates;
5. certificate of Canadian Citizenship (if applicable);
6. birth Certificate;
7. 4 x Passport photos;
8. letter(s) of reference;
9. School certificate.
10. Valid work permit (if applicable)
HOW TO APPLY
Send your application to: SPALO.HR@international.gc.ca
Please quote competition in the subject of the email: 2014/2015 – RIO – 001 – International Business Development Assistant
Only applications submitted to the above address and before the cut-off date and time will be considered for screening. Please be advised that we only accept applications submitted in Microsoft Word format.
Issuance date: April 25, 2014
1. Those wishing to compete for this position should send their CV and a covering letter in English stating their interest in the position and the reason why they think they are the most suitable candidate, with reference to their qualifications and work experience clearly demonstrated on their resume.
2. Only the applicants short-listed will be contacted by the HR section.
3. The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for similar openings at the Consulate General of Canada in Rio de Janeiro which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
Issuance date: April 25, 2014
MBP-COPPE/UFRJ formando especialistas em petróleo desde 1998 - mbcursos.coppe.ufrj.br